Did you know we have a chart that allows you to select tools expressly designed for specific lettuce production practices? Gain efficiency and optimal results in lettuce culture, from sowing to harvest.
You can click on the lettuce types and tool names/images to browse options by cultural stage and practice >>>
Below is a peak at what the Baby Leaf Lettuce section of the chart looks like:
To see the entire chart, which includes Head Lettuce (Transplanted), Head Lettuce (Direct-seeded), Salanova® Lettuce (Transplanted) and Salanova® Lettuce (Direct-seeded), head to Johnnyseeds.com >>>
Interested in learning more about the Quick Cut Greens Harvester? Below are a few facts about this tool:
- One person can easily cut over 175 lb. per hour.
- Powered by a cordless drill, the harvester's 15" fixed and moving serrated blades make a smooth, clean cut.
- A rolling macramé brush pulls individual leaves into the blades and then throws them to the back of the basket.
- The neat, clean surface it leaves behind is perfect for those planning on a second harvest from the same bed.
- Vertically adjustable skids ensure precise, repeatable cutting height. The harvester is just as effective when the crop is more mature or "leggy."
- Comes with an extra serpentine belt to power the brush and has a universal mount which will accept almost any cordless drill; 18V drills work best (not included).