With CSA's and CSF's you commit to purchasing a share of the coming harvest before the season begins. The benefit? You get to support local farms and fishermen while getting your locally grown and harvested food direct from the producer at a fair price.
Come to one of the twelve fair locations statewide to: learn about buying a share; become acquainted with local seasonal foods; meet your local farmers and fishermen; and discover how you can grow a relationship with them. Community Supported Fisheries may not be represented in all locations.
The event will take place on Sunday, February 28, from 1 - 4 p.m. at the following locations:
- Auburn, First Universalist Church, 169 Pleasant St.
- Bangor, Beth El Synagogue, 183 French St.
- Belfast, Unitarian Universalist Church of Belfast, 37 Miller S.
- Brunswick, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 27 Pleasant S.
- Damariscotta, Great Salt Bay School, 559 Main S.
- Farmington, Fairbanks School Meeting House, 508 Fairbanks R.
- Hallowell, St. Matthew's Episcopal Church, 18 Union St.
- Norway, Christ Episcopal Church, 35 Paris St.
- Portland, Woodfords Church, 202 Woodford St.
- Rockland, First Universalist Church, 345 Broadway.
- Sanford, Location TBD
- Waterville, Barrels Community Market, 74 Main St.
Admission is free. Each location will have it's own local "flavor". Additional highlights of the event to look forward to include: local produce and other products from the farm available for sale, light refreshments featuring local seasonal foods, a Seafood Throwdown cooking competition with local chefs, and more!
For more information, contact MOFGA's Organic Marketing Coordinator Melissa White Pillsbury, 207-568-4142, firstname.lastname@example.org